Acura Tire Centre
Tires are the most ignored and underrated component of your vehicle. They are the only interface between your Acura and the road to provide traction to accelerate, steer and stop. Policaro Acura knows your vehicle best and will ensure it’s equipped with the optimum choice of tire for your driving needs.
Book your seasonal tire installation to ensure you are prepared for all seasonal road conditions. In need of a new tire set? Check out our Tire Selector for a competitive quote. Remember, experts say you need 3.5 times the distance in typical seasonal conditions in order to brake safely.
- Winter tires stay flexible in temperatures below 7°C to provide the necessary traction for cold weather driving conditions.
- They reduce braking distance on cold, wet, ice and snow covered roads in comparison to all-season tires.
- The traction provided by winter tires enhances the performance of anti-lock braking systems (ABS), vehicle stability assist (VSA), traction control and all-wheel drive in winter conditions.
- Industry data shows that in cold weather, a vehicle equipped with winter tires has approximately a 40% lesser chance of being involved in a collision versus one equipped with all-season tires.
- All-season tires are designed to provide traction and durability in a wide variety of seasonal road conditions. However, they cannot provide the same levels of traction in winter conditions as a proper winter tire.
- They are best suited to use in temperatures above 7°C
Extending the Life of your Tires
Proper wheel balance helps prevent unnecessary wear to the tires, steering, and suspension components and also provides for a more enjoyable driving experience. Wheel balance normally changes as tires wear and should be checked periodically when you change or rotate tires, and especially if you have noticed speed-related vibration while driving.
Wheel balancing should always be done when replacing tires and when a tire has been removed from a wheel for any reason.
Misaligned wheels can cause uneven and rapid tire wear. It is normal for wheel alignment to change through the life of the vehicle as wear accumulates and especially if the vehicle is driven on rough roads. If abnormal tire wear or damage is discovered when checking tire pressures or during vehicle maintenance, or your Acura has developed symptoms such as pulling to one side or the steering wheel is not centered when driving straight, the wheel alignment should be checked and corrected if needed.